Abrasive Blasting Information for the Marine and Ports Industry – How our surface removal system can help your marine and ports business.
Surface Removal Specialists ( SRS ) offer expert surface removal advice and wet abrasive blasting expertise to the Marine and Ports Industry in Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong regions.
Technically, the SRS system is a low volume, low impact wetblasting system which can be used successfully in environmentally sensitive areas such as marine and ports environments. Our system is minimally intrusive and can also be used in conjunction with other trades, and allows for business continuation. We can follow the surface preparation with the application of Protective Coating (industrial two pack epoxies) as required.
The benefits available to marine industry Ports and Infrastructure maintenance managers are:
- Mobile units – all equipment is transported onto and around site by vehicle
- All machinery is MDG15 compliant
- Using our SRS alliances SRS can provide the complete solution :
- Surface Preparation and Protective Coating Application
We prepare the location (scaffolding and fabrication/encapsulation), and do the surface preparation (SRS System wet abrasive blasting) and then apply the Protective Coatings (industry specification two pack epoxies) within the correct timeframes, and we clean up fully leaving a clean site.
What we can do for Marine and Ports Industry
- Ports and Infrastructure– paint removal and re-application of protective coating
- Pylons –removing corrosion
- Slipways – remove weed and provide non-slip surfaces
- Cranes – waterside location- remove corrosion and apply protective coatings
What we have done
- Circular Quay Sydney ferry terminal – corrosion removal from Pylon Apertures , Wharf 4 and Wharf 5 , whilst still in operation ( 2012)
- S.S John Oxley ( Heritage Shipping) – internal bilge tanks – removed corrosion and tar (2010-11)
- Sutherland Council – Public Slipways, multiple locations – remove weed aggregation and provide non slip surfaces
- Waterways Constructions – Crane Barge located at Rozelle Bay Sydney – confined space lead paint removal
Areas of Service: Wollongong, Sydney Newcastle