Benefits of SRS Abrasive Blasting for Mining Infrastructure
SRS offers expert surface removal advice, and wet abrasive blasting expertise, to the Mining Industry in Sydney, Wollongong and Hunter regions.
Technically, the SRS system is a low volume, low impact system which can be used in environmentally sensitive areas, and in conjunction with other trades, whilst allowing for business continuation. We follow the surface preparation with the application of Protective Coating (industrial two pack epoxies) . The benefits available to mining industry CHPP maintenance managers, and mechanical engineers are:
- Mobile units – all equipment is transported onto and around site by vehicle
- All machinery is MDG15 compliant
- Using our SRS alliances SRS can provide the complete solution :
- Surface Preparation and Protective Coating Application, PCCP Certified Class 3,4 and 5 (Hazardous)
- Qualified HAZMAT /Lead paint removal specialists, compliant with Australian Standards AS4361.1
We prepare the location (scaffolding and fabrication/encapsulation) , and do the surface preparation ( SRS System wet abrasive blasting) and then apply the Protective Coatings (industry specification two pack epoxies) within the correct timeframes, and we clean up fully leaving a clean site.
If the surfaces contain Hazardous (heavy metal) contaminants, SRS is both qualified and experienced in HAZMAT removal.
What we can do for mining
- Coal Mine Washeries ( CHPP) Coal Handling Preparation Plant – paint removal and re-application of protective coating
- Coal Mine Skylines – coal conveyors – paint removal and re-application of protective coating
- Coal Mine ROM Bins – paint removal and re-application of protective coating
- Coal Mine Vehicle Wash-down Bays – paint removal and re-application of protective coating
- Bridges and Infrastructure – paint removal and re-application of protective coating
What we have done
- VALE Mines Singleton – CHPP Washery , surface preparation and application of Protective Coating
- VALE Mines Singleton – Wash-down bay , surface preparation and application of Protective Coating
- BHP Dendoblin Mine ( Illawarra) – CHPP Washery
- BORAL Berrima Colliery (Delta SBD) Pit Access Bridge – Lead Paint Removal – surface preparation and application of Protective Coating
Areas of Service: Sydney, Wollongong and Hunter Valley.