How the Rail Industry benefits from our wet abrasive blasting system
Surface Removal Specialists offer wet abrasive blasting solutions to the Rail industry in Wollongong, Sydney, Illawara, Newcastle and Hunter regions.
Technically, the SRS system is a low volume, low impact system which can be used successfully in heavy industrial Railyard environments. Important services we do offer the Rail industry are:
- Rolling stock paint removal and surface preparation , and
- surface removal for NDT inspections
Our system is minimally intrusive and can also be used in conjunction with other trades, and allows for business continuation. We can follow the surface preparation with the application of Protective Coating (industrial two pack epoxies) as required.
The benefits available to Rail industry maintenance managers are:
- Mobile units – all equipment is transported onto and around site by vehicle
- All machinery is MDG15 compliant
- Using our SRS alliances SRS can provide the complete solution :
- Surface Preparation and Protective Coating Application
We prepare the location (scaffolding and fabrication/encapsulation), and do the surface preparation (SRS System wet abrasive blasting) and then apply the Protective Coatings (industry specification two pack epoxies) within the correct timeframes, and we clean up fully leaving a clean site.
What we can do for the Rail Industry
- Rail rolling stock: – paint removal and preparation for re-application of protective coating
- Carriage coupling s– Surface removal for NDT inspections
What we have done
- State Rail NSW – Locomotive at Chullora Railyards , Sydney – external blast and full corrosion removal, as preparation for protective coating (2008)